Interviews Peer with Shannon ENT601
Rebecca E Wiggins questions for Shannon Shepherd
Interviewee Questions and Responses
1. What is something you thought you could never overcome, and have?
My weigh issue. I have lost over 40 pounds and kept it off for several years. I have 35 more to lose but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.
2. What did you do to overcome this obstacle?
I changed my eating habits and joined Weight Watchers to learn how to maintain a healthy lifestyle as far as eating is concerned. I also changed my activity level by adding walking, lightweight, and aerobic workouts.
3. What positive things has this experience taught you?
The positive thing that I have learned from my weight loss is that anything is possible if you are willing to put in the work.
4. Does the positive outweigh the bad? Explain.
The positive definitely outweighs the bad. I have lowered my AC1 as well as my blood pressure. I am also able to enjoy activities with my family without having to sit down or fall behind.
5. How did this obstacle make you stronger and wiser?
I believe the journey of weight loss taught me that I am stronger than I realized. I also learned that I could not loose wright the same way that everyone else did. I learned what worked best for me and stuck with that which made me successful.
6. Will you be able to help others who are going through the same thing?
7. Why or why not?
I help others by sharing my testimony and letting them know that it is possible to lose weight as well as keep it off.
8. If you could go back in time, would you choose to NOT go through this obstacle?
No, I would choose to do it again.
9. Why or why not?
My weight loss journey has made me a stronger and wiser person. My body and overall health have been transformed.
Questions for REbecca from Shannon:
1. Where do you currently reside?
I live in Bryson City NC with my boyfriend.
2. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
I think that my greatest achievement right now was not giving up and quitting school. Last semester was very difficult for me, to the point where I wanted to quit, but I knew I shouldn’t.
3. What do you consider to your greatest regret?
My greatest regret is … I don’t know. If I think that way, I could think of a lot of negative things. I’d like to think, that things happen the way they were supposed to, but I don’t know.
4. What motivates you?
Competitions, deadlines, and rewards.
5. What causes you to draw back?
Discouragement, fear, and insecurity.
6. What are your career goals?
I hope to not have to work full time waitressing, and open my businesses so that I can relax a little. I want my own music studio, yoga/dance studio, and real estate business.
7. Do you currently have or plan to have your own business?
I use Airbnb for my home for now. It’s easier while I’m in school, but hopefully will have my own rental property under my name.
8. What motivated you to pursue the ME program?
I wanted to go back to school and learn. I have many talents and skills I can hone in on, to create a business out of it.
9. What is your desired outcome in completing this program?
Graduating with great knowledge and good grades. A’s and B’s.
10. What do you consider your personal strengths as well as weaknesses?
My weaknesses are discouragement and negative thinking, just punishing myself psychologically when things aren’t actually that bad. My Strengths are that I never gave up, and always made it through those dark times.